Monday, May 7, 2012

A few pointers on Evolving and Enhancing

I'm sure you've all played around with enhancing and evolving, but are you getting the most out of your strongest cards?

Terms-
  MAX: Enhancing a card to it's highest level
  Catalyst: A card of lesser evolution used in the process of evolving.
  Final Form (FF): The 3rd evolution, 4th stage of a card's progression.

When you evolve a normal card, it will level up and retain 5% of the ATK and DEF of the catalyst cards. But, did you know if you MAX a catalyst card, it will contribute 10%? Sure, 5% more doesn't seem like a game-breaker, but after you add all that bonus ATK and DEF from leveling, it turns out to be a significant chunk. After I learned this, I went maybe a little overboard, and started evolving MAX Dark Elflings, and not using 4 catalysts, but using 8 catalysts. The process took quite some time, but I ended up with a FF Dark Elfling with 6597 ATK and 4526 DEF, not insignificant numbers for a 11 PWR card. The process looked like this. My archive shows an un-enhanced FF Dark Elfling having 2232 ATK and 1530 DEF.

[Night Forest] Dark Elfling (High Normal)
/                                         \
lvl 20 Dark Elfling++ (Normal)        lvl 20 Dark Elfling++ (Normal)
/                     \                          /                   \
lvl 20 D E+        lvl 20 D E+       lvl 20 D E+       lvl 20 D E+
/        \               /         \                /         \               /         \
lvl20DE  lvl20DE  lvl20DE  lvl20DE  lvl20DE  lvl20DE  lvl20DE  lvl20DE 

I honestly have no idea how many cards exactly it took to enhance all 8 catalyst, all 4 calalyst+, both catalyst++, and the FF to MAX levels, but I do not recomment doing it for a card of this quality, it was my beginners mistake, but a great learning experience, as I am working on a Gold Fox at the moment. I would recomment doing this process for any super rare cards, but the problem with that is getting 8 super rare catalysts instead of 4. Keep in mind, that you cannot evolve a card with any card that is further in the evolution. I had tried doing this with a Dark Elfling + evolved with a Dark Elfling ++, but alas, there is no infinite evolving.

I hope that helped some of you, I would recommend doing this with Lady Gunslinger for a high attack power card early on if you can obtain these cards through an event, or from fellows or order members.

I will be attempting to determine the best methods for enhancing, but it will take time as there are not many resources out there to expand on, I will basically be performing thousands of enhancements and recording results and comparing to determine if there are differences in how much experience and ATK/DEF is gained from enhancing between normal, high normal, rare, and if using more cards at the same time increases stats more than fewer cards at once. If anyone is willing to assist me, please leave a comment, or email me at mcnpandroid@gmail.com. Email me screenshots of your maxxed cards too if you'd like, I'm working on a catalog of Max / Evolved cards and their artwork, an online archive if you will.

16 comments:

  1. What is catalyst?? Also use this code if you are starting.

    •••Code•••

    hnv90247

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitions of uncommon words will always be at the top of their respective guide page. A catalyst is the card you use to evolve. Say, I have an Elf Child+, and I want to evolve it. Evolving requires 2 catalysts (cards) and rupies. The Elf Child+, and the other Elf Child, or Elf Child+ that I use to evolve would both be Catalysts, and the Elf Child++ I receive after evolution is the result.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the info you have the only helpful sight on this game ty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been getting messages in the last step of enhancement indicating the percentage chance for the skill to increase. Adding cards with skill seems to boost the chance by 20% each, but I have not recorded the results, so that number is suspect. The anecdote is two enhancements receiving 80% and 100% change of skill boost, one with 2-3 skill cards with 10 cards total, the send was 5 cards with all 5 cards having skill.

    This is a really great blog. I would love to contribute. Where are the message boards? I am a web developer with access to free hosting, let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a straight 20% increase chance per card, it depends on the strength of the skill you're enhancing, the strength of the skill on the card you're using for enhancement and whatnot, but yes, the chance to increase the skill is clearly stated before you commit to the enhancement. I was enhancing my Alberich++ trying to get max skill lvl, using hobbits of course lol, and going from 3 to 4 I was only getting 10% or so per Hobbit. By the way, if anyone has an Alberich, I'd be willing to trade for it, I have some rares / high rares, and plenty of Cure Water I would be willing to trade for it with.

      Delete
    2. Hi there, I'm sorry but I am still confused about this 10% evolving boost with MAX cards. I have evolved many cards 4 times, from rank 1 to 4 (so that all 4 glowing lights are lit on the bottom right of the card) But the game never allows me to use a higher ranked card to level up the rank of a lower card...and I haven't been able to use a MAX ranked card to level up another MAX ranked card...so how is this done? I've tried over and over and I know even the guide says it CAN be done, but the evolving page just doesn't seem to let me do it, could you explain in a little more detail how it is done please? I'm sorry if it is something obvious I've missed! Thanks for any help!

      Delete
    3. You can't use a higher level card to boost a lower level anymore. They fixed the bug

      Delete
  4. Was wondering is Hild worth evolving with 8 cards and enhancing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you could show a guide or point to one that shows the final stats on evolving cards to X4 or X8 would be awesome.
    Example
    Alberich Final form max enhanced evolved 4 times = ATK 13582 DEF 12426
    Alberich Final form max enhanced evolved 8 times = Atk ??? DEF ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. use this website! http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Category:Cards. your card is posted with max and just evolving at regular.

      Delete
  6. Yes I would also like to know if at least rares are worth it or if I should wait to do enhances. This way I can either just go ahead and evolve my rares I have doubles of now or if I should take the time to do all the enhancing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. use this website! http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Category:Cards. Not all the cards are updated yet but this should help with most

      Delete
  7. Why would you enhance a low level card before evolving it?

    Or should you do this as a best practice? Even with Rare type cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would enhance the low level card to carry on 10% of your maxed out card rather than only 5% of a un-enhanced card.

      Delete
  8. I'm a bit confused, when you evolve it take up 'card to evolve' and 'evolver' which is the catalyst. Is there benefit in max enhancing 'card to evolve'? ie: should both cards used in evolve be max enhanced?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just max all card that u want to evolved. every time u evoled card turn to lvl1 again. so max that card again for next evoled til u done for final form. that way u can retain extra 5% or 10%. I think only HR card or above that worth to do and use 8 card evoled. Lower rarity than than i dont think that is good enough, HR start with Big Boost skill also and sometime can match with SR card. So dont waste too much feeder for R card n below. start focus on HR or above. Lvl5 skill or above can do good job actually.

    ReplyDelete