Sunday, May 13, 2012

Q&A

   Q.:) When is a good time to focus on leveling certain stats? I focused on Stamina in the beginning, but how much is enough to avoid being too low on Attack and Defense later?
   A.:) It is up to your own personal preference how you choose to distribute your stats. However, keep in mind that in order to complete event treasure sets you will need some degree of attack to obtain treasure through battle, and it may be in your best interest to protect the treasure you possess. The DEF PWR stat will scare away most people just by having it, and you don't really need to have a very high number. Just get a hand of defensive cards and raise your DEF so you can use the hand to defend yourself once. ATK PWR can be treated the same way, just get a hand of powerful cards and get enough ATK PWR to let you use it, you may opt for more to help in Holy Wars etc.

   Q.:) What cards are worth maxing out? Are Rares worth it, or would you only max something S Rare and above?
   A.) I max out every card I use in my ATK deck. I would also recommend maxing out every card you use in your DEF deck. Rares, if you use them, are most definitely worth maxing out, as they have more levels and get more powerful than maxxing high normals, but a maxxed high normal is nothing to sneeze at. The rarer a card is, the more levels it takes to max it out, so don't fret over the rarity of the card to max it out. I max out normals, evolve, and max out each stage just for the archive bonus. Sometimes I have to chill and sell cards to replenish my rupies but I'm pretty sure my archive bonus will pay off in the end.

   Q.:) Are friendship points used only to buy a card pack, or can you do more with friendship points?
   A.:) Friendship points are only used for purchasing card packs at the moment.

   Q.:) Do the chances of getting a better card when buying a card pack increase when you level up? (so, do you get better cards at level 50 then at level 20)
   A.:) I don't think so, I just claimed 10 friendship packs over level 60 and only got normals, and have gotten quite a few high normal and rares before. Recently I obtained an Arc Dragon through it, it is really just a lottery, sometimes you win big, sometimes you just have a handful of enhancers.

   Q.:) At the moment I completed my "ring" treasure. When are you able to search for the next treasure?
   A.:) Orbs will be your next treasure, you will start finding them in Chapter 6. It's possible you're already past chapter 6 and just haven't found your first orb yet, just go to the quest list and repeat the quests that show 4 loot slots.

   Q.:) What is the purpoise to join an Order? What can you do instead of just..."being in an order with some people"
   A.:) Joining an order can give you ATK and DEF boosts, and provide a framework for assistance. "being in an order with some people"... well, I'm working on that one, I will put a post up when I get the Robguide order going, for testing purposes and to enhance the function of orders; including a forum for posting trade negotiations and strategizing in Holy Wars, and a chat room to shoot the breeze and share information with your fellow order members. You can leave an order-wide message, and can 'support' players by sending a message at the moment, but I think we all know how tedious that can be, and how unrealistic it is to use it for an actual communications channel. Also, you can get some rare cards in Holy Wars with Silver Coin Card Packs, which is always useful ;).

   Q.:) Is there a way to find players via their wish-list? So for example; I have an item I want to trade, can I search for players who want that item?
   A.:) Not at the moment. I will be releasing a more complete website where users will be able to post their wishlists, and forum posts to negotiate trades, which will offer similar functionality, but as far as in game, unfortunately no.

   Q.:) I see lots of players with higher levels, who have form one high normal cards. Are you able to get those via quests in later stages? Because I've only been getting normal cards in quests at this time.
   A.:) Indeed, you can obtain (High Normal) cards later in the quest progression, and through friendship and silver coin card packs. Event quests typically drop (High Normal) sooner than regular quests. You will get those rare cards.

   Q.:) Where are you going to post the artwork archive?
   A.:) By the artwork archive, I'm assuming you're talking about the card archive, and that is an enormous work in progress. I will have to have a new website to really do what I wish to do with it, as I intend to tie the archive into a link system that will be used for wishlists, and trades. There are thousands of cards, and I actually have to collect them in the game before I can gather the data, and that includes evolving them etc. It will probably be a month or 2 unless I get a few helpers.

   Q.:) When enhancing a card, does it matter what card you use to enhance? I've been sacrificing my low lvl normal cards to enhance my stronger cards, but is it better to use stonger cards to gain more stats?
   A.:) I started writing a response to this one, but with how long the response was going to be, I decided to make this our winner! I will be sending you an email for your player name Kim, so I can get you the winning prize; Man Guinevere (High Rare)! This card is an excellent defensive card, providing a Big Boost to DEF to all of your cards. It's first form, level 1 has 2320 DEF and 2350 ATK with a PWR Requirement of 18. Congratulations! Perhaps you can test enhancing out a little for me on this ;)!


This page will be modified regularly to include additional questions and answers, If you are new to Rage of Bahamut, it would not hurt to bookmark this page!

22 comments:

  1. Kimberly (kimberly25girl)May 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM

    Yay, I won! :P anyway, my player name is "kimberly25girl" (since i haven't included my email in my responses ;))

    thnx! ^^ I will enhance it and will report :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reward has been sent! Thank you for your inquisitiveness, keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. Grats! Guinevere is a great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the best way to get "Excellent Enhancements"? Is there a correlation about races or character relationships? For instance does a Skeleton knight benefit more from a human knight or a skeleton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The higher the rarity of cards used in enhancement, and the use of Angel Queens increase the chance of excellent enhancement.

      Delete
  4. I'm head of an order and would like to change the picture associated with it; however, I cannot find a button or link that would allow me to do so. Does anyone happen to know how to change it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not an order leader myself, but judging from what I've seen, the order just uses the picture of it's leader, and I believe that is changed in the mobage area. (top left icon any page in the game). Let me know if that's how it's done and I'll add it to the Q&A page.

      Delete
  5. What is the probability of getting SS & SR cards in the legend packs? Is it possible to obtain them in the friendship packs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have the funds necessary to really do any detailed research on legend packs, right now I know legend packs are Rare and UP only, so I would speculate that your odds of getting S rares being probably 1/10 or 1/20, and SS Rares probably 1/20 to 1/50. These are strictly speculations though. As for friendship card packs, I would guess that yes, you can get Rares, but probably a very low drop rate (1/100 or lower drop rate). I only collect 10 friendship packs a day, and haven't been actively recording the drop chances.

      Delete
    2. Legend packs are HN and up. Only during specific promotions are legend packs rare and up. I've recieved HNs before.

      Delete
  6. When battling, how does one get the "Order Join Effect"? And how much benefit does your attack or defense receive when you have a realm match?

    ReplyDelete
  7. After doing some math, a maxed 1st evo alberich has 6580 ATK, a level 1 1st evo has 2630. If you were to max the first 2 cards used for 2nd evo that would give you an extra 1316 ATK. After the 3rd and final evo that diminishes to almost nothing: 1316 - 131.6 - 13.16 so maxing out the first 2 cards gave you a whole 14 more ATK directly. You will get a bit more of a bonus from the 3rd evo considering the total ATK was higher then without it but I'm not sure that its worth it just yet. I need more alberich cards to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So does that mean that it is pointless maxing out the second evo of a card? I get so frustrated with all of this because I know that if I jump the gun and evolve my card prematurely then I will have wasted all that time and effort. And my card space is obviously very limited so I can't hold onto these cards forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What are the pros and cons of each realm? I don't understand why we pick a realm if you can use any realm card. I'm a demon but can use god and man cards. And great guide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The realm you choose will give you an extra bonus on matching cards. In other words, at the beginning of a battle (attack or defense), you will get a bonus applied to all of the Demon cards in your deck because you chose the Demon realm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a way to add my friends from real life as my fellows, I've looked everywhere to find my friends but all it let me do is find random people. I want my friends as my fellows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the bottom tab there is a "Menu" option (just above the "Battle" icon). Click on that and it brings up an expansive menu. Scroll to the bottom and on the left you will see an option just below "Archive" that says "User Search". You can find any member there.

      Delete
  12. Ok guys I have a question. Im in demon realm which from what I've read is supposed to get better use of demon skills in battle but when I battle it only seems to use my lower skills like small boost to man ark rather than med hit to def. Can anybody tell me why this is.? Its starting to get irritating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just found out what that was all about a dsay or two ago actually. The position of your cards in your deck apparently decides how likely the skill will go off. Your center card (which is your top card when editing your deck) will go off almost every time. The adjacent ones will go off some of the time, and the outer ones rarely go off (if at all). That's what I've found in my experience at least. So basically, the top three cards in your deck should be the ones with the best skills.

      Delete
  13. And a max of 3 cards will only go off.

    ReplyDelete